Monday, May 5, 2008

First Impressions

Hi Vickey,

I don't think you know this, but one of my very first library visits with OCLC was to Sunnyvale Public Library to meet with you and your staff.

I was young and new and nervous before our visit but, it's funny, I felt like a million bucks when I left.

Since then I've had the pleasure of working with you on Western Advisory Council and Members Council stuff (mostly working through a bottle of wine and dinner!). You always bring your A-game - a combination intensity, wit, and calmness - every time I see you (ever notice how many times we run into each other at conferences? It's almost eery.)

So, first impressions mean alot. Personally, I like to think that every time we meet someone it's an opportunity to be a good person. I bet you didn't know this, either - I got that from watching you.

Submitted by Amy Crawford
crawfora@oclc.org

No comments: