Saturday, May 3, 2008

I just sent Vickey an email earlier praising her rare kind of friendship. We'd lost touch in recent years, but last summer when our libraries all closed she came through with information about the company that now manages us, and even offered to help me prepare for my interview! But, as I shared with her in this a.m.'s email, she also bailed me out years ago when Pasadena PL called me for an interview and I didn't have time to get a sitter. Vickey is the only person I would have considered calling at the last minute - and she came right over to babysit two kids she didn't know. What kind of friend is that! We'd started out at So. Pas. Library together and then I followed her to Pasadena. For some reason I also recall Vickey rolled up the sleeves of her t-shirts to make them look more stylish. Now why did that impress me? Wish it worked as well for me, but she always looks great.

Submitted by Amy Kinard
amykinard@mind.net

No comments: