Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I met Vickey through ALA and Susan Hildreth. I was the Chapter Councillor from NY and Vickey was the one from California. Susan called us Miss NY and Miss CA. The 3 of us and my friend Darby Brien, Director of Utica PL in NY, often met at ALA conferences for dinner and fun. The last time was in Orlando, Vickey, Darby and I went to every attraction in the park. She was so much fun!

The last time I saw her we were in Chicago. The International Rotary Conference was just ahead of ALA so she was in town for both. She called me on my cellphone and we met for shopping and lunch in a Chicago highrise mall. We laughed our way through all the stores and wound up testing lip plumpers in Sephora. We had such a great time!

I think of her often and fondly. She was a great person and I am so lucky to have met her. My condolences to her family.

Submitted by Mary Lou Caskey Reape
mlreape@gmail.com

No comments: