Monday, May 5, 2008


Hello dear Vickey,
I have many wonderful, positive, beautiful memories of working with you at Pasadena Public Library. Here is a short one that starts at the beginning.

When Marge called me to arrange an interview with you and Elaine, I was not able to come at the time required. I lived in Camarillo and had a job. You and Elaine agreed to interview me on a Tuesday night!

I drove down thru horrendous traffic and walked into an overcrowded Library with long lines. I stood in the appropriate line, but knew I'd never make the interview on time, so tried to intercept a desk person leaving the desk to go elsewhere. The person would not help me and told me to get back in line. I did, but happened to see you walking by. Of course, I didn't know it was you, but thought you looked like someone in charge. The question that came out of my mouth was, Are you Vickey Johnson? How fortunate for me that you were! You, Elaine and I connected in that interview. It was a wonderful experience and you hired me. Thank you, dear Vickey! This is 17 years later and my affection and regard for you has only grown.

Much love always!

Submitted by Shirley Ewells
sewells@cityofpasadena.net

No comments: